Thursday, August 13, 2009

Still Going...

Not much to update today yet. Haven't been able to take any pics of Doug, it's been a bit hectic around here. He's still eating well, pooping, etc. I upgraded his "heater" last night. Previously I had been using a bag of hot water, double bagged to prevent leaking... and it still leaked. So I got an empty bottle, filled it with hot water and he loves it! It keeps the heat much better, he enjoys pressing himself against it. Doug will be moving into a 10 gallon aquarium soon. I just have to figure out the logistics of it... you know, how to cat & squirrel proof it.

After some reading last night it looks like Doug is 1-2 weeks old, that means we have quite a few more weeks until he opens his eyes. Even longer until we start the releasing process. Oy. I love helping him, but man was this animal care thing so much easier when I wasn't juggling a baby as well! I am happy that R gets to see this though, even if she won't remember it. I'm sure there will be plenty of pictures to remind her :)

No comments:

Post a Comment