Monday, August 17, 2009

Doug's Accident

Don't worry, he's ok, but he did have an accident this morning. It was 2a and Pinky and I heard him squeaking. Being half asleep my brain tried to convince me he was fine and to go back to sleep. I tried to listen until Pinky said to check on him. I get up, move his fur blanket and he moves with it. WTF? I see his tail is wrapped in the fur. How he managed that is beyond me. I had to carefully cut him away, then there was still fur wrapped fairly tightly around his tail. As I was beginning to work that away without hurting him R starts stirring. I ended up having to lay back down to nurse her and almost fell asleep. Once I was able I got back to Doug. I initially thought it had lacerated his skin, but it just bruised it pretty badly. He's doing fine today. Last night I weighed him and he was 27.1g this morning he was 26.7, so only a .5g loss, better than previous days.

I better end here for now. Apparently I'm so tired I[m falling asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment