Friday, August 21, 2009

Picture Hiatus

My wifi has gone out on my laptop so I'm back to mobile for now. Which means no picture uploads (well technically I can still do it but it's a bigger pain then it's worth). I will try to update as much as I can from mobile, and I will be ordering home internet later on today so I will be back up and running as soon as my equipment gets here.

On to Doug.

He gobbled down 2ccs last night, and both feeds this morning. I've been getting more hindmilk into him, even though it can be difficult to express any when your kid has drained it. I haven't been able to weigh him, I've had R to contend with today, maybe later I will get a chance. Last time I did he was down again, so hopefully he will be on an incline once again.

His squirrel nipples arrived along with some new syringes and another syringe/nipple variety pack I ordered (for future animal care needs... I'm gonna need it). I love the new nipples. He seems so much more comfortable with the nipple in his mouth rather than the tip of the syringe at the front of his tongue. He can eat much quicker now with less trying to come up his nose (I read this is normal for them as they are voracious eaters, not good, but normal). He's still pooping and peeing good. Right now I seem to be getting less poop and more pee (squirrel growth spurt?).

I believe that is all to report about Doug right now. I contacted a rehabber in another state to ask a few questions the other day, my questions were answered, and the ever so popular "what formula are you feeding?" question came up. I decided to reveal it and was not met with a lecture, but was given a bit of information regarding metabolic bone disease (disorder?), something I will look into when I have the time. I was given the link to some specially formulated squirrel formula that I am told is not too expensive. It's not price I'm concerned about too much. It's the whole "formula" thing. Most people don't know just how anti formula I am, and I'm not going to go into my rant here. Let's just say I don't even like saying (or typing) the word. It gives me a dirty feeling when I say it, it's worse than a curse word to me. Pinky is adamantly against it as well, he says my milk is better for him than some proccessed crap. How's that for a breastfeeding supporter?

Alrighty, R is up so I gotta call AT&T.

No comments:

Post a Comment